Departmental AIs

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Departmental AIs

Post by Balut » #53446

Badmin pre-roundstart button. Spawns an AI for each department, who only have access to that department's radio, command and general. Borgs are automatically assigned to the appropriate AI.

The pre-roundstart button should probably alter the map to give an appropriate housing to slap the AI in.

This is mostly a joke suggestion that I'm only making because I'm playing HatePlus right now and *Mute/Old *Mute is/are the best.

"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Departmental AIs

Post by DemonFiren » #53452

You may find that funny, but That Super Serious Server Over There actually had considered lAIs (local, that is).

I think the idea passed with applause and was summarily forgotten.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #53456

Balut wrote: I'm playing HatePlus right now and *Mute/Old *Mute is/are the best.
Good, enjoy it, Analogue: a hate story and HatePlus are two brilliant games/stories.

I too once entertained the notion of departmental AI like Mute* and Hyunae*, I even made a Mute* sprite for the AI back before NTstation.
but alas, It'd be weird to handle for SS13.
私は完璧
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #53465

Can that sprite get added to the available-list-thing in-game, then? Or is that against whatever policy or some bullshit.

The like one time I managed to get AI'd I named my AI Hyun-ae (no asterisk because BYOND/SS13 don't like those I guess). It was kinda neat, except my holo-sprite was always looking to the left.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #53478

Balut wrote:Can that sprite get added to the available-list-thing in-game, then? Or is that against whatever policy or some bullshit.

The like one time I managed to get AI'd I named my AI Hyun-ae (no asterisk because BYOND/SS13 don't like those I guess). It was kinda neat, except my holo-sprite was always looking to the left.
1. Probably against policy
2. I'm no spriter so while it was passable, it wasn't as good as most of our sprites
3. an * is stipped out of naming yourself as an AI because it's a non alphanumeric character
4. Holo sprites not changing direction is a long standing bug :(
私は完璧