Should FNR cover Admin harrasement and Ban threats outside the game.

Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Should FNR cover Admin harrasement and Ban threats outside the game.

Post by Shezza » #416897

As of now the only ways of reporting such is forum pms, that are rather poorly handed, people don't see them and can't provide examples of their own harrasement.

In my opinion players should be allowed to post complaints related to admin conduct addendum from march, even if the issues are outside of the game.
It will allow everyone to voice their opinion on the matter, possibly provide examples of their own issues with an admin.

Addendum to admin conduct in spoilerquote
Spoiler:
Addendum: What is expected of admins

1. No Attacks/harassment towards players
2. No threats of banning specific players in public channels.
3. All posts by admins in FNR should be meaningful and contribute to the discussion.

Admins should never make continued unwanted and annoying actions towards players for the purpose of personal malice or some type of prejudice. This includes statements that are outwardly hostile to specific players and/or may be a defamation of that player's character. Admins are in a position of power and should never use their position in power to strong arm players and talk badly about them while they have no form of recourse. Only severe and/or continuous cases will be considered to be a break of this expectation, but I want to outline that a continuous harassment of players after being told to stop will not be allowed and will be met with warnings and/or demerits depending on the severity.
Any declaration and intention to ban someone for something related to a player's actions in-game or outside of space station 13 should not be done in public channels that can be seen by any party. For the purpose of this expectation, a public channel is any channel that can be seen by anyone on a server who is not an admin. For example, we would consider the #tg-station-general, all channels on the unofficial /tg/ discord, and OOC chat in both servers to be a public channel (this is not an exhaustive list though). This will be met with a warning or more corrective action depending on the severity of the incident.

Edit: Additionally, I see the need to state that this refers to specific players and not a group of players. To single out a player is not acceptable but to call out a group of people who are doing something is acceptable.
I understand completely that this rule has a subjective aspect to it. However, I want to make it clear that each forum has a specific purpose and should be used for the specific purpose that it was intended. There are already outlines about only how only parties involved in bans should post in ban threads and the same with admin complaints (though the an0n3 amendment is in effect for ban appeals.) I want to make it clear that admin feedback should be used for specific feedback on that admins conduct INGAME and all activities related to their post as an admin in the community. However, an admin is allowed to post in there own thread to discuss criticism given to them granted that their response is meaningful and contributes to the discussion. Failure to follow these rules will put you on post approval.

Misc.
For the purposes of this list, admins are also considered to be players.
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Should FNR cover Admin harrasement and Ban threats outside the game.

Post by oranges » #416919

did you report me and get brushed off?
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #416939

I've learned the hard way that if you are hated by someone who holds power over your internet community, you're better off finding another community rather than try and fight it
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #416942

Hi goof
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #416944

na it shouldn't

but i've come around to opening up discord pms as long as there's an expectation for the admin to be able to deny helping out. discord isn't like irc, they don't open discord when they only want to be playing ss13.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #416953

Grazyn wrote:I've learned the hard way that if you are hated by someone who holds power over your internet community, you're better off finding another community rather than try and fight it
This. The shame and losses aren't worth it. If you find yourself hated by big shot buckaroo who will make your time in said community a nightmare. It's better to treat it like a lost GF situation. THE LESS TIME YOU SPEND WITH THEM, THE FASTER THE PAIN WILL GO AWAY
► Show Spoiler
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #416955

Shadowflame909 wrote:
Grazyn wrote:I've learned the hard way that if you are hated by someone who holds power over your internet community, you're better off finding another community rather than try and fight it
This. The shame and losses aren't worth it. If you find yourself hated by big shot buckaroo who will make your time in said community a nightmare. It's better to treat it like a lost GF situation. THE LESS TIME YOU SPEND WITH THEM, THE FASTER THE PAIN WILL GO AWAY
actually the strategy is to shitpost until they go away
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #416958

the obvious alternative is to spam alt accounts and make the admins rue the day they crossed you :^)
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #416992

Shadowflame909 wrote:
lol
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #417057

Epic Punished Captain Sawrge. They lived through the tale of regrets, but AT WHAT COST! There innocence.....
► Show Spoiler
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #417063

Someone drill a hole in my head
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #417099

Did someone hurt your feelings wilchen
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #417106

DemonFiren wrote:the obvious alternative is to spam alt accounts and make the admins rue the day they crossed you :^)
this has never worked on all the people who have tried it, its's just too easy to hit a button on our end
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #417131

you underestimate autism, nik
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #417408

okay we had fun but no FNR is staying in game only.