Post by Qustinnus » #459251

hello i am floyd you might know me from great PRs such as

- clown car
- moodies (hate it or love it)
- ethereal
- adding half the ambience we currently use
- food preferences
- adding round and full bellies

i'm looking for new PRs to work on so if anyone wants to be an ebin ideas guy and has money I'm for sale. (also if I like the idea enough I might do it 4 free)
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: codeman for sale

Post by Nabski » #459253

What on this list are you most interested in?

-station/gameplay improvements
-job QOL
-side antag/event
-full antag/event
-additional soundwork

If it touches sprites and mapping would you rather we provide our own parts there, since that isn't listed in your resume?

Both my brother and I have worked with this person and can confirm they do good things.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #459257

gameplay and shennanigans are my top items. I'm good with mob code as its the things I work the most on and I usually enjoy PRs that interact with people directly the most.

Sprites are usually ok I'm befriended with 2 good spriters so if theres a bounty I usually try to cut them in depending on the amount of work they did (or ask if they wanna help if its for free code)

I'm okay with maps except when its shuttles, but I usually let people map things into their maps themselves as this is how the pipeline should work (because maintaining 7 maps on the code-side is a bit too much especially when dealing with merge conflicts)

antags i've never tried but it really depends on how good I think the idea is; it's a bit mentally straining to try and get antags in because theres a high quality bar for it.

Soundwork depends as our sound system is lacking and I'm not proficient enough with it to improve it.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #459281

Crab People.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #459287

Lumbermancer wrote:Crab People.
i think I'll get sent to paradise station if i make more than one race pr in a year
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #459288

Qustinnus wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:Crab People.
i think I'll get sent to paradise station if i make more than one race pr in a year
PR: Updates the lore of mushroom people
PR: Updates the abilities of mushroom people
PR: Updates the arm sprites of mushroom people
PR: Adds mushroom people to magic mirror and race transformations
PR: Mushroom people helmets can be removed by burn damage (actually bugged makes them always invisible)
PR: Renames mushroom people to crab people.

Didn't even have to add a new race, we just modified an existing one that wasn't currently being used. RIP arm and planetstation.
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Post by SaveVatznick » #459491

Why not fix existing issues.
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #459498

:bigthink:
SaveVatznick wrote:Why not fix existing issues.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #459504

No one's going to pay for fixing bugs.
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #459607

Steelpoint wrote:No one's going to pay for fixing bugs.
tbf this does sound like an amazing deception

>introduce horrid bug thats hard to find
>everyone goes fucking mental trying to fix it
>you, having introduced the bug, offer to fix it for money
>make tons of money

I feel like this might be KevinZ long term plan.

But on a serious note, bugfixing is tedious work that often involves having to learn about someone elses code and does not feel rewarding, I usually only do it when there's an incentitive or if its for my own code. (Because maintaining your own code is common decency). While adding new features is often more fun for coders. Also the issue tracker is bloated with un-reproduceable bugs, issues with bad explanations and non-bugs.
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #460460

as an addition im also willing to help teach newbies DM for dosh because why not.

ofc I'm not gonna charge for random questions though. that'd be a bit too much. :^)
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #460477

he is a good coderboy but he removed round and full bellies, don't believe the lies in the OP
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #460487

Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #460519

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #461389

Ooh, you fixed belly being round and full? I thought you were a shitler qustinnus but NOW I’m interested
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #461957

$2 to remove the clown car.
Extra 50 cents if you do his grace at the same time.
Last edited by Nabski on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #462018

I hired him to do some work, and frankly, no one knows more about hiring people than me!

He has done some work for me, tremendous work, but nobody is talking about it.

Floyd - great guy, and i know great people, believe me!
Last edited by Kryson on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #462021

makes good code
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #462723

so far the pr's I have done under commission are as follows:
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/41959
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/41835
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/41825
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/41951

I have room/time for a lot more so feel free to DM me if you also have any cool commissions you'd like to see in the game. Any sprite work for my PRs is done with Mrdoombringer with whom I share the bounties with, so this is included with any commission that you request from me.
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #470340

finished my last commision and I'm ready for new work, feel free to DM me on discord or post here if you're interested. I'll have a lot of free time the upcoming 3 weeks so I'll get things done fast.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #470506

Qustinnus wrote:finished my last commision and I'm ready for new work, feel free to DM me on discord or post here if you're interested. I'll have a lot of free time the upcoming 3 weeks so I'll get things done fast.
Can you look into the ideas in this thread? I don't mind if only some of them make it.

tl;dr: give lifebringers some form of interaction with lavaland without growing obscure heavily modified things that let them do x specific thing(perhaps just a mining pick so that they can mine without cherry bombs).

ashwalkers should always spawn imo. Should have a water puddle like the hermit, so that they don't run out of water and become unable to farm without exploits.

free golems need to be nudged towards the liberator's legacy a bit more, so new players know how to access their science tutorial

derelict drones' joining lockout is prohibitive to it being a construction tutorial.

Solo syndie comms base really needs something to do for the more gaming-type players; roleplayers are all set up, but people who prefer to play a game have nothing to do.

Please just get rid of beach brahs and vet hospital(unless that change is too controversial and interferes with the others). They take valuable slots that could be used on better ghost roles.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #492833

I'm back from being kidnapped by university and am accepting new commisions/bounties again so feel free to DM me anything you'd like to see.
legoscape
Byond Username: Legoscape

Post by legoscape » #492834

Yes hello, Can you add cool traitor items thanks :honkman: :toysword:
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #492836

rewrite tgui

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #521357

bump to let everyone know that I still take bounties <3
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #521551

sex verbs, but with euphemisms.
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #521687

I'll get hit if I port more life web features sorry
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #522251

bee smoker, makes nearby bees docile but they stop visiting plants and producing honey while it's active.

Ideally it'd make all the bees return to their hive, but I believe apiaries produce more bees than can fit so just preventing them from stinging would be fine.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #523269

Bee implant: makes you immune to bees and lets you control them with action buttons