It has now been about a month since Yobi was banned

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

It has now been about a month since Yobi was banned

Post by Archie700 » #693631

Bottom post of the previous page:

Now I can safely say that he has tried to evade it.

Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: It has now been about a month since Yobi was banned

Post by Vekter » #693718

conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:03 pm
Vekter wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:56 pm Quit giving people attention, especially when they're trying too hard to get it.

This applies both to Yobi and Ekat.
Yeah...that attempt at reason was my valedictory. Some people are hopeless.
It's not worth it. Let me give you some advice - click on someone's name, then go to "Add foe".
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #693719

Hot take, if someone is able to ban evade and avoid being detected, while being a model citizen here, they should be able to use their playtime on the alt as a way to vouch for their main account.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #693720

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:38 pm Perma bans dont encourage people to evade, you fuckin moron, because ban evading means your next appeal is immediately going to be thrown in the trash.
Ad hominem, non sequitur. What you wrote is so dumb that it physically hurts to read.
What makes you think everyone who evades even intends to appeal? That consequence is meaningless for people who don't. There's no downside for them.
Second, evading gets you access now. Appealing maybe gets you access in a year or two if the same people who hated you enough to ban you now happen to be feeling generous. Plus, evading gives you the satisfaction of undermining someone who slighted you.
Which of these do you think someone who's been permanently banned is more likely to go for?
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:38 pm Not everyone is a chimp mind with no impulse control like you
The projection is insane.
You, who have been repeatedly banned and almost blacklisted, really said something like this to someone with a squeaky clean forum record? :lol:
You, who couldn't resist making a joke about the very same topic you made an admin complaint for?
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:38 pmyou keep shrieking about i should be banned a lot for saying things you don't like
When did I ever say you should be banned, much less for saying things I don't like?
I said you almost were banned. This is a statement on past facts, not on what I would like to happen in the future.
Did nobody teach you how to read? You have comprehension this poor and have the gall to insult others' intelligence. The Crag Hypocrisy at play once more, no doubt.
dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:53 pm It's human nature to try to escape. Well golly gee let's just eliminate all walls in prison and prison itself for that matter. Let's eliminate penalties for jail breaking too
Ok, Mr. Strawman, nobody said you should make it easier to evade. What I said is that you should expect people to do it.
Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:11 pm 10/10
How can someone be so bad at logic as to read the verbal diarrhea Crag posted and somehow think it good? It is ridden with fallacies and idiocy.
10/10 is what you should be saying to conrad's beautiful post.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #693721

The Wrench wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:36 pm Hot take, if someone is able to ban evade and avoid being detected, while being a model citizen here, they should be able to use their playtime on the alt as a way to vouch for their main account.
I'm going to let you on to a little secret. A little peek behind the curtain, if you will.

I give zero shits about if someone's evading as long as they're obeying the rules. Twobeard could come back tomorrow as a model citizen and I wouldn't care. I would prefer that people successfully appeal their bans before playing again, but if I can't tell you're evading because you're not breaking any rules, then it's irrelevant.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #693723

The Wrench wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:36 pm Hot take, if someone is able to ban evade and avoid being detected, while being a model citizen here, they should be able to use their playtime on the alt as a way to vouch for their main account.
That is a scalding take and I'm not sure I disagree with it entirely.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #693725

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:41 pmAd hominem, non sequitur. What you wrote is so dumb that it physically hurts to read.
This is the guy who keeps making wall of text posts about my supposed hypocrisy.

If it hurts to read maybe you need glasses.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #693727

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:52 pm
ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:41 pmAd hominem, non sequitur. What you wrote is so dumb that it physically hurts to read.
This is the guy who keeps making wall of text posts about my supposed hypocrisy.
The insinuation you're trying to make being that I did both of those, when I did neither?
In that quote, I called what you wrote dumb. This is an attack on your vitriol, not on you. That said, I can call you dumb too if you'd like. It wouldn't be without merit.
As to the other part, there is no non sequitur in my words nor even a semblance of one.
You really need to fix your logic processing capabilities.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #693729

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:41 pm
Ok, Mr. Strawman, nobody said you should make it easier to evade. What I said is that you should expect people to do it.
But I think people already expect perma ban evaders. That's why there's a set of additional penalties as well as an attempt from the admin team to create the perception that they have methods to catch ban evaders. Your point is essentially meaningless. What do you want people to do differently because of this?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #693732

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:59 pm I never said that, and if i did you're taking it out of context, and if you're not then you're misinterpreting it, and if you're not then you're attacking a strawman, and if you aren't then it was rhetorical, and if it wasn't then it was satire, and if its not then i don't even really believe what i said, and if you accuse me of backpedaling its an ad-hominem and then you deserved me saying anyway.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #693733

Once I saw a burning orphanage and so I ran to help and vekter was already there and a burning child flesh sizzling and all runs out screaming and vekter was holding a fire extinguisher and I told vekter to help them and vekter didn't know who i was talking about and started calling me some polite term of the month for schizophenic all the while this child is running around bones creaking like yule logs as the fatty tissues burst into flames and such and vekter said "just updating my foe list kids get awful annoying in the summer but rule 9 bans are frowned upon these days fr fr."
also to whoever said my rant was AI generated your mind has been rotten by the hype no ai can type nonsequiter bullshit like i do
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693734

Vekter wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:29 pm
Vekter wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:56 pm Quit giving people attention, especially when they're trying too hard to get it.

It's not worth it. Let me give you some advice - click on someone's name, then go to "Add foe".
what does that even do
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #693735

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:56 pm
Vekter wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:29 pm

what does that even do
Blocks them
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #693736

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:56 pm what does that even do
It's like blocking someone on Discord, it collapses their message so you don't have to see it unless you want to.
Spoiler:

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #693737

i already defined what the Ekat Defence™ is and seeing it play out every time is beautiful.

it gets so exhausting being right all the time about everything...

the sad thing is that when ekat actually presents a fair and moderate stance on something i find myself agreeing at least in part with it most of the time, and when i don't i can at least see where they're coming from. seeing this high school debate club contrarian nonsense is sincerely disappointing every time because they've demonstrated that they can exist outside of the larp and their contributions to discussion are infinitely better when they do.

everyone else may have written you off ekat, but i will always hold onto that small sliver of hope that you'll stop giving into this bafflingly specious and eristic sophistry every time an admin makes a decision.

also capsandi makes good posts that i enjoy, it's like having a paragraph from an unreleased cormac mccarthy novel dropped into the thread.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #693738

Vekter wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:04 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:56 pm what does that even do
It's like blocking someone on Discord, it collapses their message so you don't have to see it unless you want to.
Doesn't work if theyre a colored name tho so you cant block the worst posters (admins and maintainers)
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693739

dendydoom wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:17 pm i already defined what the Ekat Defence™ is and seeing it play out every time is beautiful.

it gets so exhausting being right all the time about everything...

the sad thing is that when ekat actually presents a fair and moderate stance on something i find myself agreeing at least in part with it most of the time, and when i don't i can at least see where they're coming from. seeing this high school debate club contrarian nonsense is sincerely disappointing every time because they've demonstrated that they can exist outside of the larp and their contributions to discussion are infinitely better when they do.

everyone else may have written you off ekat, but i will always hold onto that small sliver of hope that you'll stop giving into this bafflingly specious and eristic sophistry every time an admin makes a decision.

also capsandi makes good posts that i enjoy, it's like having a paragraph from an unreleased cormac mccarthy novel dropped into the thread.
i KIND of feel like their actual good takes on something might just be a result of flinging enough of shit at the wall
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #693742

Capsandi wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:40 pm Incoherent ramblings
“ Here's a coherent translation of the quote you provided: "Once, I witnessed a burning orphanage and immediately rushed to help. Vekter was already present, holding a fire extinguisher. Amidst the chaos, a burning child ran out, screaming in pain. I urged Vekter to assist the child, but they seemed unaware of whom I was referring to. Instead, Vekter began calling me names associated with schizophrenia, all the while the child continued to run around, their bones crackling like logs on a fire as their fatty tissues ignited. Vekter casually remarked, 'Updating my list of enemies; kids can be quite bothersome during summer.' However, they mentioned that Rule 9 bans are discouraged these days."

Please note that I've tried to maintain the essence of the original text while making it more coherent. If you need any further clarification or assistance, feel free to let me know.”

—Wrench GPT
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #693744

I've done this before.

viewtopic.php?p=617870#p617870
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:10 am I will not be asking for a vouch. I will take the ~30 shifts you have evaded on our server without accruing any notes as proof of your claims that you have improved. This is an exception. I spoke with Rave before penning up this response to make sure I wasn't overstepping my boundaries. This exception is thanks for your full and honest handling of the ticket earlier this evening when I caught you evading. If you had lied, you would have been banned anyway and I would have been denying this appeal with far fewer words.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #693746

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:34 pm
I've done this before.

viewtopic.php?p=617870#p617870
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:10 am I will not be asking for a vouch. I will take the ~30 shifts you have evaded on our server without accruing any notes as proof of your claims that you have improved. This is an exception. I spoke with Rave before penning up this response to make sure I wasn't overstepping my boundaries. This exception is thanks for your full and honest handling of the ticket earlier this evening when I caught you evading. If you had lied, you would have been banned anyway and I would have been denying this appeal with far fewer words.
Worth noting that Humankind has continued to be a valuable member of the community. They fuck around sometimes but mostly keep their nose clean.
Spoiler:

TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #693749

good idea but should be kept close to headmins, so ban evading doesnt look like a “desirable” thing to do (to stop “its ok i can just evade for the next month and then ill have enough rounds for an appeal” from happening)
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #693754

TheLoLSwat wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:18 pm

good idea but should be kept close to headmins, so ban evading doesnt look like a “desirable” thing to do (to stop “its ok i can just evade for the next month and then ill have enough rounds for an appeal” from happening)

Oh yeah without a doubt, if I were the god of TGstation I would assign it as rule 0+++ If you have to rely on the secret rule in your unbanning process you better be lucky and hope the stars align perfectly for you.

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693767

The Wrench wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:41 pm

Oh yeah without a doubt, if I were the god of TGstation I would assign it as rule 0+++ If you have to rely on the secret rule in your unbanning process you better be lucky and hope the stars align perfectly for you.
the secret rule has nothing to do with evading permabans
conrad

Post by conrad » #693770

Do bear in mind that in Timber's example, he wasn't headmin at the time.

The great secret that isn't a secret at all is that if they're evading and being a model player, we all won. If they fuck up, that's where the thin ice cracks and you need a very gullible admin to eat their excuses.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #693867

conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:44 pm

Do bear in mind that in Timber's example, he wasn't headmin at the time.

The great secret that isn't a secret at all is that if they're evading and being a model player, we all won. If they fuck up, that's where the thin ice cracks and you need a very gullible admin to eat their excuses.
I got the sign off from then-headmin Rave first. I followed procedure 2 years ago.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #693872

Looks like he just tried to ban evade again. I don't know fellas, I think his talk about playing on fulp might have been just a giant cope?
conrad

Post by conrad » #693882

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:12 am Looks like he just tried to ban evade again. I don't know fellas, I think his talk about playing on fulp might have been just a giant cope?
He's addicted to the attention he's getting. Threads like these don't do much to help it.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #693888

please get professional help
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #693892

I wasted a year of my life trying to get back into tg, and then I got let back in due to pity. Look at me now I'm SOOooo sane
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #693923

actually you know what this is stupid
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?