Sicily
Byond Username: Sicily

[<MaxiPat>] sicily - automatic ban when avaster got banned on april

Post by Sicily » #728931

BYOND account:Sicily

Ban/note type (Check what applies):
(x) - Server Ban

Ban/note length:7 days
Ban/note reason:Banned by host: You, or another use of this compuer or connection (Avaster) is banned from playing here. The ban reason: R1, R11 - While getting critted by a human warden, started cycling through as many slurs as they could humanly figure out, amongst them several times "retard", "mongoloid", "ligger". While all those words on their own are okay-ish, calling someone, as you admitted, "down syndrome" is not okay, same as hiding real-life slurs behind ligger and such. On top of that, entire say log of this player that round consists almost only of different non-slur insults and other toxicity. Please use this time to learn how to be less obnoxious to people around you.
This ban (BanID #70545) was applied by MaxiPat on 2024-04-025 during round ID 227809. This ban is for 7 days and expires on 2024-05-02 18:20:30 (server time).

Time ban was placed:2024-04-25 18:20:30
Server you were playing on when banned:I was not playing at that time.
Round ID in which ban was placed:227809

Why are you making this appeal?(Check what applies):
(x) - The ban/note is factually incorrect

Why should this appeal be accepted?:I was banned despite it being for avaster.

I was told to make an appeal after making an adminhelp on roundID:229098
I saw the ban while trying to join campbell on the 25th april and tried again on the 26th april 16:48(UTC)
I waited out the ban without appealing(even tho it was not for me).
It feels like this ban is just some automatic thing that happened for some reason.

I hope that making an appeal a month late is not too much of a bother to worry about.
Maxipat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Maxipat

Re: [<MaxiPat>] sicily - automatic ban when avaster got banned on april

Post by Maxipat » #728932

Hi, I'll be pretty quick because I have like 10 minutes before lecture.

I don't think you need to appeal it, it isn't on your account even. Seems that for one reason or another you both have the same CID, and I left CID ticked when banning avaster, thus making it also affect you. A simple ping on discord when that happened honestly would be enough, you shouldn't have had that message show up ever.

EDIT: tl;dr, you don't have to worry about this, in case it ever happens again just ping someone from admins on discord. Sorry for inconvenience!
Sicily
Byond Username: Sicily

Post by Sicily » #728933

oh sweet, so i can just play as normal then without worry then?
Maxipat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Maxipat

Post by Maxipat » #728934

Sicily wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:13 am oh sweet, so i can just play as normal then without worry then?
yup! if this ban was still in power I'd just edit it so you wouldn't be affected, but it seems it expired on 2nd of May