Make pets targets for traitors

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Make pets targets for traitors

Post by Falamazeer » #200289

Why not? Let's make head offices another point of contention in the ongoing battle against the syndicate.
I propose that assasinating Ian, Lamar, Poly and other pets on station should be added to the list of possible objectives
Why would the syndicate want to assasinate animals? to lower morale of course!

DO EET! :ian:
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Re: Make pets targets for traitors

Post by Bawhoppennn » #200314

good memories of the steal corgi meat objective o7777
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #200320

Poor Lamar...
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #200329

Dunk petkillers under the "acting like an antag" clause, hell yeah.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #201209

Screemonster wrote:Dunk petkillers under the "acting like an antag" clause, hell yeah.
People who kill your pet are already opening themselves to vigorous retribution.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #201306

What are you, expecting heads to watch after their pets and not keep them locked in their lockers?

Also I feel sorry for anyone with the kill araneus objective. As if HoS didn't have enough op shit and preferential treatment.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #201313

This was removed iirc because
1. People would kill Ian, sax from the HoP, and get killed by him. Then they would ahelp it and get the HoP banned. Alternatively they would wait for HoP to attack then kill him in retaliation
2. Because of this shitty, banbaity behavior, admins made it a policy that you're no longer allowed to respond to people killing your pets with murder/excessive violence
3. With this policy in place, people no longer cared about Ian nearly as much
4. Consequentially, the "steal corgi meat" objective became much easier (and then even easier due to strange objects, being able to butcher with any sharp object, corgis in cargo)
5. The objective became so easy and lame (people wouldn't even care if you had corgi meat in your bag) that it was removed

Tl;dr make killing Ian a lynchable offense again
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #201546

I murder people who kill Ian all the time, then gib the bodies and eat greyshirtburgers.
Bring back papercult.

Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #201551

No you don't.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #201569

This is actually a pretty good idea. It means non-antags can't kill pets, antags have more chances to kill pets, and heads of staff guard their pets more. And the CE stops killing Poly at roundstart.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #201571

I always let people dunk on pet killers, and they rarely complain. It is less about the pet itself and more about people trying to be a cunt and ruin something people care about to try and stir shit. I see no reason to give these people special admin protection
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #201590

PKPenguin321 wrote:-snip
On the topic of this please read a snip from one of my stories
And note whats in bold

> HoPs been fucking mauled by some greytiding shit stains
> Somehow in the middle of it all
> Ian le puppy is still alive
> grab Ian le puppy and make a station announcement
Captain Announcement
Hi this is your captain, if any of you assistants FUCKING TOUCH IAN YOU WILL BE EXECUTED

> not pmed by so I assume its ok
> Tell HoS I'm moving ian to his escape pod
> Exit captains room with ian
> walk towards sec
> I notice we have a tail (no pun intended)
> fucking faggot assistant runs up behind and snags Ian
> *TRIGGERED*
> chase asshitstant
> hunt down assistant
> find her at escape
> Valid her into near crit
> she opens airlock
> flings Ian out before I can grab him
> Taze
> Hatchet her head off
> go back to office
> Pray to adminbus
> time passes I admire the assistants head now sitting on my table
> still sad
> have to call shuttle for some shit or another
> visit escape to mourn the loss of our greatest friend
you hear a voice in you head...
"your welcome"
> A drone named " Drone the Savior" comes flying in from space dragging...
> Ian the Survivor
> I grab Ian and tell the drone to follow me
> we go to Security escape cuz fuck public transportation
> HoS and I pet Ian happily
> Then I give the drone a medal of honor for saving our beloved dog

Moral of the story, people should expect to be dunked if they kill pets
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #201594

I remember that, it was some good shit
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #201596

One problem is that not all stations have the same pets. Such as dream replacing the spider with pugly for instance. While not hard nor a big deal to standardize oets, I do like seeing developer variety in pets on the different stations, as it can help add 'freshness' to a small portion of the station's atmosphere.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #201604

We should do this, and go back to killing pets making you valid. Non-antags would still be allowed to kill pets, but it instantly makes you valid to the owner and you get banned if you ahelp it(banbaiting).
--Crocodillo

Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #201619

I kill Ian whenever I play HoP. Too much drama to leave him alive.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #201649

You disgust me.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #201660

Wait so if you are hop and kill ian, then kill yourself, would it be banbaiting if you ahelp "The hop killed me for killing ian"?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #201720

Yes, and on top of that you'd catch a ban extension for head suicide.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #201756

If a head of staff kills their pet (with the exception of CE, fuck poly replace with GOOSE) they should be expecting a permanent headban. If they ahelp after suiciding then they are basically asking for a 'don't be a dick' ban.

I am 100% okay with antags targeting pets. And 110% okay with any action taken on or against a head pet to be considered an action take on or against the head(s) in terms of escalation and retaliation. If you think it's a good idea to randomly shove Ian in a washing machine then it's a great idea for the HoP to shove you in one too.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #201880

Davidchan wrote: If you think it's a good idea to randomly shove Ian in a washing machine then it's a great idea for the HoP to shove you in one too.
Agreed.

And I'm an ian washer, If I get bored, I'ma wash that corgi, and I'ma take it like a man when I'm murdered for it.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #201927

Okand37 wrote:One problem is that not all stations have the same pets. Such as dream replacing the spider with pugly for instance. While not hard nor a big deal to standardize oets, I do like seeing developer variety in pets on the different stations, as it can help add 'freshness' to a small portion of the station's atmosphere.
It should be possible to generate pet assassination targets from all head pets without needing to standardize them.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #202027

Drynwyn wrote:
Okand37 wrote:One problem is that not all stations have the same pets. Such as dream replacing the spider with pugly for instance. While not hard nor a big deal to standardize oets, I do like seeing developer variety in pets on the different stations, as it can help add 'freshness' to a small portion of the station's atmosphere.
It should be possible to generate pet assassination targets from all head pets without needing to standardize them.
if it can generate normal assassination targets from whatever players are present, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be able to fetch them from whatever pets are present.
For ezmode, just give simplemobs an is_pet var, or if you want to be really clever, check for whether they've got a unique name compared to other mobs of their type.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #202085

Screemonster wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:
if it can generate normal assassination targets from whatever players are present, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be able to fetch them from whatever pets are present.
For ezmode, just give simplemobs an is_pet var, or if you want to be really clever, check for whether they've got a unique name compared to other mobs of their type.
The second one would make Cayenne, the wizard's pet, and the like into a target sometimes, ya doof.

Also Lamarr would be weird with this, since he's actually an item, not a mob. Facehuggers are bizarre.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #202087

Drynwyn wrote:
Screemonster wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:
The second one would make Cayenne, the wizard's pet, and the like into a target sometimes, ya doof.

Also Lamarr would be weird with this, since he's actually an item, not a mob. Facehuggers are bizarre.
Huh. The easiest way to get around that problem would be to have it only check mobs on Z1, but then you'd end up with people sending Ian to telecomms to make sure he didn't become a traitor target later in the round and shit like that. So an is_pet var is probably the easiest way.
No idea how to handle Lamarr though.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #202126

You should be able to evacuate the pets at the end of the round. Maybe the objective could be something like "Ensure {pet 1} and {pet 2} do not escape alive on the emergency shuttle"? (Which means heads of staff would try their hardest to evac the pets too.)
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #202139

To solve the Lamarr issue you could maybe have the traitor steal Lamarr instead of killing it.
Making Lamarr by far the hardest one to complete.