|Access: None. Ventilation System.|
Additional Access: None
Duties: Kill and eat people
Guides: This is the guide
Quote: What happened to the armory, medbay storage, R&D, the captain's office, and tool storage?
The morph is a unidentified lifeform that seems to exist to only kill and eat creatures, as well as miscellaneous items.
What am I?
A morph is a unique lifeform. You have very few ways to interact with the world, being unable to pick up or use any item. However, you have several unique abilities to help you.
- You can morph into any physical object, organic or otherwise.
- You can devour dead organic beings to regenerate health.
- You cannot be stunned or otherwise slowed down.
- You can freely crawl through the station's ventilation system at will.
- You have a powerful melee attack.
Your main ability. By shift-clicking any object, you can transform into it, mimicking its appearance. You can morph into almost any object in the game, from a drop of blood to a human. Morphing to a human, silicon or other organic lifeform will transform you into an exact replica of what said lifeform was wearing at that moment, however your appearance is aesthetic only - transforming into a being with a riot shield won't allow you to block melee attacks.
You can revert to your original form via shift+clicking yourself.
When undisguised, you move very slowly,when disguised you speed up considerably. Dont try to attack directly because most humans can easily kite you. Hide as an harmless object and watch them panic as a locker turns into a monster.
You deal 30 brute damage while untransformed, but only 5 brute damage while disguised. You must undisguise yourself to reliably kill anyone.
You CAN communicate at any time, but your speech will be heavily slurred; this makes it both hard to understand and capable of revealing the fact that you are a morph.
The only way you can regenerate health is by eating a dead lifeform, anything will do and you can do this in both disguised and undisguised states. You can also eat non-organic items such as guns or metal, but this provides no benefit besides denying those items to anyone else and you need to be undisquised.
To survive and thrive
When you first enter the station try and find a simple disguise. Disguise as something benign like a pen, paper or some blood and find a good disguise. A human or cyborg disguise will work, however a disguise like beepsky works wonders in open hallways.
Avoid having to talk to humans, but if you must communicate with humans, keep your words short. Longer speech will have a higher chance of being slurred. So instead of saying "Hi how are you?", which will come out as "Hii hoawww'w arree yoou?", say "Hi." Also consider emoting instead of talking, such as waving.
Use your mobility to your advantage. In any form you can freely move over tables, and you can ventcrawl, allowing you to bypass doors and other basic security measures.
- Eat important places like the armory, tech storage, heads of staff's offices, and the data servers to drive the station to chaos!
- Or take a more stealth approach and just munch on maintenance trash such as tools, pens, mice, or assistants like the living trash compactor you are.
- When in doubt crawl it out! Even though your attacks are very robust, speed is arguably more important to robust people than raw damage is. So, when lasers start flying your way, just vent crawl away! It takes about 3-4 seconds and they won't realize you're doing so until it's too late.
- Laugh at idiots that use tazers against you.
- Only attack if you have your prey cornered.
- Surprisingly enough, most friendly morphs usually one of the more tolerated friendly antags. Just watch out for the pissed off janitors accusing you of takin' their job!
- Fighting security head-on is a really bad idea, ambush instead.
Eat the Supermatter for super powers!
Relevant Code Changes
| Jobs on /tg/station|
|Command||Captain, Head of Personnel|
|Security||Head of Security, Security Officer, Warden, Detective|
|Engineering||Chief Engineer, Station Engineer, Atmospheric Technician|
|Science||Research Director, Scientist, Roboticist|
|Medical||Chief Medical Officer, Medical Doctor, Chemist, Geneticist, Virologist|
|Service||Janitor, Bartender, Cook, Botanist, Clown, Mime, Chaplain, Curator|
|Civilian||Quartermaster, Cargo Technician, Shaft Miner, Assistant, Lawyer|
|Non-human||AI, Cyborg, Positronic Brain, Drone, Personal AI, Construct, Ghost|
|Antagonists||Traitor, Malfunctioning AI, Changeling, Nuclear Operative, Blood Cultist, Revolutionary, Wizard, Blob, Abductor, Holoparasite, Xenomorph, Spider, Swarmers, Revenant, Morph, Nightmare, Space Ninja, Slaughter Demon, Pirate, Sentient Disease, Creep, Fugitives, Hunters, Space Dragon|
|Special||CentCom Official, Death Squad Officer, Emergency Response Officer, Chrono Legionnaire, Highlander, Ian, Lavaland Role|