|Access: Wherever your job has access to|
Additional Access: Wherever you can break into or teleport to.
Supervisors: Forgotten Gods
Duties: Find influences, notice they all have been taken. Sacrifice people and ascend as a vessel of your god
Guides: This is the guide.
Quote: ADMINS HALP HOW DO I SACRIFICE PEOPLE
"Forgotten, devoured, gutted. Humanity has forgotten the eldritch forces of decay, but the mansus veil has weakened. We will make them taste fear again..."
So you're a heretic? Well, get ready for some magic and battle. Grab those influences, make some sacrifices, and ascend to godhood.
You are a nasty little bookworm in search of truth and power, and you have arrived on a station ripe with opportunities. You can increase your power in two ways: harvest magic energies from the eldritch influences around the station, or by sacrifing any crewmember your dark patrons may hunger for.
Your most important possession. Use this item to research skills, collect influences, draw runes, remove runes.
- To research skills, use the book in your hand. There you go, you can learn any dark abilities you have access to. You start with 1 point, to invest in a path and determine which kind of heretic you will be, but more on that later.
- To collect the influences around the station, click on them with the book in your hand. The influences are invisible to all but heretics before harvest, but each one you collect becomes visible to everybody. Don't look too hard into them either, they can cause brain damage.
- To draw a transmutation rune click a on a turf (ground tile) with your book to select the center square and start drawing. The rune is 3x3 so remember to have enough space!
- To remove runes click on one with the book while standing on it. (the rune actually resides in the center, but can be interacted with from all 9 tiles the sprite covers).
Your most important organ. Assigns you a target for sacrifice, granting your Codex a charge on ritual completion. To obtain a target, drop the heart on a rune drawn by Codex Cicatrix. Activate the rune by clicking on it with your empty hand while standing on it, that is, be on one of the rune's nine tiles. You have now received a target. Kill them and bring the body back to the rune. Activate the rune again, and if you did everything right, the body disintegrates and your book obtained a charge.
Important!: For all living heart rituals, make sure the heart is on the rune, and that you are carrying your Codex Cicatrix on your person.
You can create more Living hearts by transmuting a normal heart , a poppy () and a pool of blood. To transmute items for your rituals, simply place them on the rune, then activate it. In this case, drop a heart and a poppy on the rune, and if no blood is present... produce some.
Mansus grasp is a modular ability you start with as heretic. Activating the ability empowers your active hand with eldritch energies: by default, it causes a 5 second knockdown, some stamina damage and 10 burn damage to any person you touch with your hand. It will be empowered with more abilities as your knowledge of the ancients increases. 15 seconds cooldown after each use.
There are different aspects of the arcane to which you can devote yourself. While all rituals and spells can be learned, your first and most important choice will decide how your weapon and grasp will evolve, and how your final ascension will transform you.
|Path of Ash||Nightwatcher's secret||Easiest path. The main abilities of ash are about fire. Ash is also about mobility, crowd control and being a sneaky fucker that can jaunt while handcuffed. Ash abilities are all about that. If you are starting out i strongly recommend taking this path, as it is by far the easiest to be on. It doesn't have the most powerful abilities until the later game, but it is still enjoyable.|
|Path of Rust||Blacksmith's Tale||Rust is about healing, corruption and brute forcing through all obstacles. Stealth isn't one of your strengths. Rust gives you abilities that can one shot silicons, fry any electronics, destroy any turfs and take down any non-living being. Abilities on this path allow you to heal while on rusted tiles, and you get access to some pretty powerful spells. Second Easiest Path.|
|Path of Flesh||Principle of Hunger||Hardest Path by far, but the most enjoyable. You get to become &*@#^&@^#&@^# during your ascension. Flesh is about resurrection and summonings. You don't get ANY offensive spells, NO defensive spells. Just summonings and necromancy. Slow to start snowballing but VERY powerful late game. Watch out for stolen bodies.|
Your final goal as a heretic is to go down to the last ability of your path and ascend. The ascension will give you powers akin to a wizard. Ash will grant you powers having to do with fire, Rust will grant you brute force and healing abilities, and Flesh will give you the ability to shed your skin into a more powerful form.
Below is a table with all your abilities. You start at the top, selecting your path with your initial point. After choosing your starting path, upgrading your mansus grasp (hand ability), and choosing your first ability, you can research any ability on the chart adjacent to what you already posses: for example, if you are a rust cultist and want ashen shift, you can learn priest's ritual, and then ashen shift. You can however only have one mark and one blade ability. If you reach the bottom, you can unlock the ascension corresponding to your path.
- Pick your starting path at the top; This decides how your blade is made, and which ascension will be available if you reach the bottom.
- Pick your mansus grasp ability (obligatory), directly below your starting choice.
- Pick the first ability that is your same color (obligatory), directly below your grasp ability.
- You can now unlock whatever is adjacent (left, right, below) to what you picked BUT
- You may only pick ONE of the mark abilities, and after that only ONE of the blade enhancements. These must not be the same as your path. These cost two points each.
- If you manage to reach the end, you can unlock your ascension for three points.
|Game Modes on /tg/station|