|This page is a part of the TGMC wiki.
TGMC is a project based on the CM-SS13 codebase.
|Frontline Combat XENO|
|Difficulty: Hard |
Superior: The Queen and Shrike
Duties: Plow marines out your way. Headbutt marines to the ground. Gore marine hearts.
Quote: Toro! Toro!
The bull is a merger between the speed of a runner and the charge of a crusher, creating an effective front line hit and run caste.
Playing the Bull
When your charge is active, you will build up speed as you move forward in a straight line and you will hear a stomp sound as you begin to charge. You will do do damage to anyone you smash into, which will scale with your built up speed.
Charging will constantly drain your plasma, so keep an eye on it as you will return to normal speed if you run out of plasma. It can also be deactivated to save plasma while moving.
The bull is often misplayed by new bull players due to the assumption that the bull is a "budget crusher". This is the leading reason of death among bulls as they inevitably get stunned or gunned down after getting bodyblocked for being overconfident. You must always remember that shotguns and explosives can and will stun you and that also that you are NOT tanky and your healthpool is smaller than you think.
Now that we've got that out the way, how do you properly charge without dying? Before you charge, consider the following:
- At who am I charging at? If they can stun you in close range, try to avoid them or use plow charge to minimize the risk of them stunning you.
- What charge should I use? If you are charging at a dangerous group, use plow to try to rush in and rush out the other side of their force. Small group? Use headbutt to get a cheeky stun and some broken bones or gore for good damage.
- If I by some chance get stunned, do I have an escape route? Plan for the worst and you might live after someone stuns you.
The last is likely the keystone of a good bull, as the hardest part of being a bull is not dealing damage, but staying alive after doing so.
Maturity Statistics and Evolution Paths
The Bull is a Tier 2 and can evolve into a Crusher.
Maturity increases stats as follows.
- Slash is the melee damage when the xenomorph is in harm intent and slashing marine. In the code, it's melee_damage.
- Melee, bullet, laser, energy, bomb, bio, rad, fire, and acid are soft armor values, not hard armor, which means that they reduce damage by a percentage rather than a flat value.
Tips & Tricks
- Sometimes it is good to take risks, such as risking a headbutt charge to knock over a heavily armored target for your sisters to slash and/or capture.
- Your speed also makes you effective for flanks of the main marine force.
- Always watch your lanes as a bull, make sure you enemies are in a nice clear and long lane, this is for both escaping and making sure you can build enough speed for good damage.
- You are NOT a sieging caste, cades and tight spaces are you worst enemy, stay out of buildings unless you have a good charge lane and STAY OUT OF CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT, you will die.
- Your fellow hive mates will sometimes call you useless, don't be discouraged! You fill a niche that neither Runners nor Crushers can fill, you are a push breaking, marine harrassing, heavy weapons stopping machine!
| TGMC |
|TGMC||Command||Captain, Field Commander, Staff Officer, Pilot Officer|
|Engineering and Supply||Chief Ship Engineer, Requisitions Officer, Ship Technician|
|Medical||Chief Medical Officer, Medical Officer|
|Marines||Squad Leader, Squad Smartgunner, Squad Engineer, Squad Corpsman, Squad Marine|
|Civilians||Corporate Liaison, Researcher|
|Tier 1||Drone, Defender, Runner, Sentinel|
|Tier 2||Carrier, Hivelord, Warrior, Hunter, Wraith, Bull, Spitter|
|Tier 3||Praetorian, Crusher, Ravager, Boiler, Defiler|
|Tier 4||Queen, King, Shrike, Hivemind|
|Others||Emergency Response Team, |