|This page is a part of the TGMC wiki.
TGMC is a project based on the CM-SS13 codebase.
|This page is currently under construction!
The following page is currently in the process of being created, is undergoing a major structural rework and/or is being moved.
|Difficulty: Hard |
Superior: The Queen
Duties: Be the psychic support of the hive, become queen when the previous one runs headfirst into a missile.
Quote: "Oh boy, here I go flinging nades back to marines again."
The shrike is one of the few xenomorphs that have harnessed telekinesis to defeat the marines, but with this great power comes with great responsibility. With such psychic abilties, you are also tasked to lead the hive with and without a queen. Since you are not queen, you are not as heavy as the queen, so you cannot withstand much damage from marines; in fact, you can get stunned by shotguns and mateba. You are a support caste and should not be spearheading the xeno charge. However, your fling does provide a good stun against one marine, making you an excellent duelist.
If the Queen and Shrike die, then the hive will be orphaned and collapse within 2 minutes. If there is no Queen or Shrike in that time period, there will be a marine major.
Using the Force for Offense
So, seems that you have become the shrike, but what do you do now?
- Turn on your pheromones to either recovery, a typically non-combat pheromone, or the warding and frenzy pheromones which increase combat performance of you and your fellow xenos
- Use your Call Burrowed ability regularily, as it allows dead players to respawn at your feet as burrowed larva. Use only while you are safe as larva can easily die
Now that thats done, what should I be doing? Go help support your fellow xenos at the front line with healing and through the use of your abilities "Fling" and "Devastating Force". As you are more of a support caste marines will be especially eager to kill you. Do note you should not try to take on marines on your own, as you do not do much damage and your abilities are perfect for opening opportunities for your allies.
Maturity Statistics and Evolution Paths
The Shrike is a Tier 3 and can evolve into a queen if there are more than 8 xenos in the hive.
Maturity increases stats as follows.
- Slash is the melee damage when the xenomorph is in harm intent and slashing marine. In the code, it's melee_damage.
- Melee, bullet, laser, energy, bomb, bio, rad, fire, and acid are soft armor values, not hard armor, which means that they reduce damage by a percentage rather than a flat value.
Toggle Bump Attacks
|This ability allows you to toggle bump attacks on and off. If for some reason you want to avoid them, toggle this off. The red arrow means it's on; the green arrow means it's off.||N/A||N/A|
|This ability is used to rest and get up. You will heal only when resting on weeds and will also regenerate plasma faster.||Easy||N/A|
|This ability is executed on dead marines. Every dead marines psyhic drained will give 60 psychic points and 1/8 of a larva.||100||Easy|
|Lets you expel acid from your body onto any structure/object you are able to. Shrike acid is medium strength, stronger than a Sentinel's but still weaker than a Boiler's or Queen's acid.||Easy||75|
Place acid well
|Place an acid well that can put out fires when a xenomorph steps on the acid well.||Easy||75|
|Can only be placed on a tile that does not already have a resin sac, and cannot be placed on rock, grass, or catwalks.||Easy||75|
|Makes you lay a hugger egg.||Easy||400|
Call of the Burrowed
|Sends a ping to all ghosts allowing them to join the xeno team as burrowed larva that will spawn on you. Do not use near combat or the new larva can easily die||Easy||N/A|
Choose Resin Structure
|Click to choose which resin structure you wish to build with Secrete Resin. It will always default to Resin Wall upon evolution.||Easy||N/A|
|Builds whatever resin structure you have chosen in Choose Resin Structure on your hotbar, on your current tile.||Easy||75|
|Allows you to heal xenomorphs from up to three tiles away on a one minute recharge.||Easy||200|
|Allows you to bully captured hosts telepathically||Easy||N/A|
Larval Growth sting
|Begins a 3-part channel that injects larval serum into a target, speeding up a larvas growth. (Overdosing causes oxygen damage)||Easy||N/A|
|Use on a human or item on the floor to use psychic powers to launch it 5 tiles away from you||Hard||100|
|Launches all humans and items in a 3x3 square in front of you away from you (Works only in the cardinal directions, not diagonally).||Hard||0|
|Emit one of the three Pheromones. The Shrike has some of the most powerful Pheromones available to the hive. Your pheromones will grow stronger as you mature.||Easy||30*|
|allies the hive to a congregate at a target location, along with an arrow pointer. Gives the Hive your current health status. 60 second cooldown.||Easy||N/A|
Tips & Tricks
- Don't tank shots, you are meant as a support caste.
- Open up duels with a fling instead of screech. If you fling first, you can further stun them with a screech, and when screech is used, your fling is ready to go to further stunlock the marine.
- Aim for arms in duels. You can easily decrease the marine's capability to duel you when they have a fractured arm. Marines can't use shotgun if not wielded. If they have a pistol or submachine gun, then you will have to break both arms to prevent them from using the weapons.
- Use your screech to fling marines' nades back at them; you are the only xenomorph that can do this.
- Use help intent to help shuffle behind marines, turn around to face marines' back, and screech. Watch as they get pushed to a group of xenomorphs.
- Sometimes it's better to save psychic cure to save sisters that get into trouble than waste it for a quick heal
|TGMC||Command||Captain, Field Commander, Staff Officer, Pilot Officer|
|Engineering and Supply||Chief Ship Engineer, Requisitions Officer, Ship Technician|
|Medical||Chief Medical Officer, Medical Officer|
|Marines||Squad Leader, Squad Smartgunner, Squad Engineer, Squad Corpsman, Squad Marine|
|Civilians||Corporate Liaison, Researcher|
|Tier 1||Drone, Defender, Runner, Sentinel|
|Tier 2||Carrier, Hivelord, Warrior, Hunter, Wraith, Bull, Spitter|
|Tier 3||Praetorian, Crusher, Ravager, Boiler, Defiler|
|Tier 4||Queen, King, Shrike, Hivemind|
|Others||Emergency Response Team, |