|This page is a part of the TGMC wiki.
TGMC is a project based on the CM-SS13 codebase.
|Difficulty: Hard |
Superior: The Queen and Shrike
Duties: Assist xenos with your pheromones and very strong acid, stun marines with acid cone
Guides: no separate guides
Quote: "Say '*scream' again. Say '*scream' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say *scream one more Goddamn time!"
The Praetorian is a powerful ranged-support Tier 3 Xenomorph that can spit both neurotoxin and acid, spray a large cone of acid, and emit pheromone auras to help allies within a certain radius. You are also tough enough to help with front-line combat, but are still somewhat vulnerable to fire.
Playing the Praetorian
Praetorians are some of the hive's most powerful support and leader castes. When the hive decides what caste the spitter should evolve to, they default to the praetorian for the following reasons:
- opening push with acid spray
- stunning multiple marines with acid spray
- increasing marines' horizontal state with acid spray
- suppressing marines with neurotoxin spit
- assaulting, harrassing, and insulting the marines with acid spits
- disengaging out of marines' firing lane with the pheromones frenzy to repeat the harrassment
- emitting pheromones to fellow xenomorphs
- extinguishing fire with acid wells and, to a lesser extent, acid spray
All spitters want to be the Praetorian, and all Praetorians want to burn down marines with acid spray and spit.
You can switch between neurotoxin and acid spit, and your acid spray is a very powerful ability which sprays a cone of acid across the ground seven tiles wide and four tiles long. Acid spray will knock down any marine that it hits and will do damage to anyone that stays in it or moves through it while it's on the ground.
Pheromones are another critically important tool you must use. You can switch between recovery for faster healing and plasma regeneration, warding for extra protection, and frenzy for a speed bonus. Make sure you're always emitting pheromones to help yourself and your team, and when applicable, make sure you aren't overlapping pheromone types with other Xenomorphs to maximise their usefullness.
Maturity Statistics and Evolution Paths
The Praetorian is a Tier 3 and cannot evolve further.
Maturity increases stats as follows.
- Slash is the melee damage when the xenomorph is in harm intent and slashing marine. In the code, it's melee_damage.
- Melee, bullet, laser, energy, bomb, bio, rad, fire, and acid are soft armor values, not hard armor, which means that they reduce damage by a percentage rather than a flat value.
Maturity for the Praetorian will increase considerably more stats compared to other castes, which includes
- Acid Spray damage
- The delay between Acid Spit actions
- The amount of neurotoxin transferred when using Acid Spit, while neurotoxic splash is selected.
- The strength of pheromones, which can determine how powerful some actions will be, along with pheromones themselves
|Age||Spray Damage||Spit Delay||Neurotoxin Amount||Pheromone Strength|
Toggle Bump Attacks
|This ability allows you to toggle bump attacks on and off. If for some reason you want to avoid them, toggle this off. The red arrow means it's on; the green arrow means it's off.||N/A||N/A|
|This ability is used to rest and get up. You will heal only when resting on weeds and will also regenerate plasma faster.||N/A||N/A|
|This ability is executed on dead marines. Every dead marines psyhic drained will give 60 psychic points and 1/8 of a larva.||100||N/A|
|Lets you expel acid from your body onto any structure/object you are able to. Praetorian acid is medium strength, stronger than a Sentinel's but still weaker than a Boilers or Queens acid.||100||N/A|
Place acid well
|Place an acid well that can put out fires when a xenomorph steps on the acid well.||500||2 minutes
|Toggles to see your pheromones, allowing you to select recovery, warding, or frenzy. You may only emit one at a time, and you can see which pheromones you are effected by in the '''stats''' tab. Each pheromone uses 5 plasma every regeneration tick, which doesn't do much.
|5 per tick||N/A|
Toggle Spit Type
|Toggle between using neurotoxin and acid spit.||N/A||N/A|
|Spit neurotoxin or acid at a target or tile up to 7 tiles away. Acid does permanent burn damage.||???||???|
|Channel a cone of acid across the ground in a 4x7 tile area. Knocks down targets it hits and does tick damage to any target that stands in or moves across the acid while it remains on the ground.||300||30 seconds|
NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE INGAME.
Once the hive has enough psychic points, your queen has the option to unlock powerful primordial evolutions for each strain. Primordial evolutions grant additional abilities for the relevant class.
For the XENOMORPH, this primordial ability is XENO NEW ABILITY.
XENO PRIMO ABILITY
Tips & Tricks
- In the absence of the Queen, you will often be looked at as a central point of combat due to your powerful pheromones. Make sure you're supporting your other Xenomorphs and paying attention to the battle.
- You can help an assault succeed, or even influence a push to begin, with a well-placed acid spray that drives marines back from barricades or catches some out, wounding them or cutting them off from support.
- Praetorians also rival Spitters in their harassment ability, so make sure you're constantly spitting neuro or acid when you're not spraying or fighting.
|TGMC||Command||Captain, Field Commander, Staff Officer, Pilot Officer|
|Engineering and Supply||Chief Ship Engineer, Requisitions Officer, Ship Technician|
|Medical||Chief Medical Officer, Medical Officer, Researcher|
|Marines||Squad Leader, Squad Smartgunner, Squad Engineer, Squad Corpsman, Squad Marine|
|Silicon-Based||Combat robots, Synthetic, AI|
|Xenomorphs||Tier 0||Larva, Minions|
|Tier 1||Drone, Runner, Defender, Sentinel|
|Tier 2||Carrier, Hivelord, Wraith, Hunter, Bull, Warrior, Spitter|
|Tier 3||Gorger, Defiler, Ravager, Crusher, Praetorian, Boiler|
|Tier 4||Shrike, Queen, King, Hivemind|
|Others||Zombie, Emergency Response Team, |